[bt-devel] [ bibletime-Bugs-2770269 ] Install/reading of modules in User's home fails in Vista

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Apr 17 00:55:18 MST 2009

Bugs item #2770269, was opened at 2009-04-17 03:55
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by hellings
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100954&aid=2770269&group_id=954

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
So here's my setup:

Modules in C:\Program Files (x86)\CrossWire\The SWORD Project\
SWORD_HOME points to the above directory.

BibleTime finds those files with no problems.
I then used the module intsaller from within BibleTime and asked it to install FinPR to C:\Users\Greg\.sword, which is promptly did.
No new modules appeared in my BookShelf so I restarted BibleTime.  Still, no new modules.
I opened C:\Users\Greg\.sword to find what might have happened and found the files are there, but they're just not showing up in BibleTime.

On a possibly related bug note - I tried moving all my modules to C:\Users\Greg\.sword and also to C:\Users\Greg\AppData\Sword and C:\Users\Greg\Sword and pointing SWORD_HOME to the directory with the modules.  At startup I got the standard notice that BibleTime couldn't find mods.d or mods.conf and that I should point SWORD_HOME to the directory with that file.  I moved the modules back to Program Files and changed SWORD_HOME back to that and the modules appeared perfectly again.

Installation as Administrator into the Program Files folder worked as expected.