[bt-devel] More clucene bugs

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 14:20:26 MST 2009

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 6:03 PM, Matthew Talbert <ransom1982 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Xiphos using SWORD with CLucene has the same results that Eeli
> described. For ESV, all of those searches return results, but nothing
> for FinPR.

That's unfortunate.  Does anyone feel they know CLucene well enough to
make the patches and for us to maintain our own branch of CLucene?  It
seems there are continuous problems that are cropping up and I haven't
heard anyone saying that CLucene-based bugs are going away, making me
think that CLucene isn't terribly interested in trying to help us fix
them.

Alternatively, does anyone know about QtCLucene and if it is just an
exposing of the CLucene library or is it possibly a version that has
been patched by TrollTech to actually function closer to correctly?
Is it worth looking into? I know it's included on the Mac versions of
Qt in MacPorts, and since they tend to not be on the bleeding edge of
Qt support, I suppose that means that it's fairly well available
across other platforms as well.

Of course, that doesn't help out the library since it's not about to
require Qt, and really, anything we do should be usable by the library
so that other frontends can also benefit from fixing the problems with
search.  But so long as we are adamant that we are going to use our
own search mechanism and aren't willing to use the library's
functionality, the QtCLucene option might be interesting to pursue.

--Greg