[bt-devel] More clucene bugs

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 14:52:36 MST 2009

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 4:47 PM, Eeli Kaikkonen
<eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi> wrote:
> I don't know anymore what to do with clucene bugs. I just found out that it
> doesn't work with e.g. 'a*', 'o*', 'k*' and many others with FinPR module
> (and possibly others - it works with ESV, though). 'y*' works.
>
> We are not able to provide reliable search for users.

Is the SWORD search unreliable? Have you tried building SWORD with
CLucene and seeing if it handles the above, or if it can handle the
above with non-CLucene searches?  It does seem highly redundant for us
to mess with CLucene and searching when the library has searching
mechanisms built in.

--Greg