[bt-devel] Windows SVN Build

Gregory Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 18:42:23 MST 2009

On Apr 7, 2009, at 14:47, "Troy A. Griffitts" <scribe at crosswire.org>
wrote:

>> but I don't know if I could use something like %APPDATA%/ in a
>> sword.conf to pick up that user's specific directory.  I suppose I'll
>> just have to get off my duff and start working with NSIS.  Does
>> anyone
>> else have a preference for how this is done?
>
> Most installers should allow you to process a file template like
> sword.conf.template and will replace stuff like %APPDATA% with the
> value for that system.  It seems like this should help you if you
> want to have a sword.conf file to specify something other than the
> engines default lookup path, but I believe we've added the lookup
> path the way the Xiphos team expects on Windows, so hopefully you'll
> just be able instantiate an SWMgr and all lookups will be done for
> you the 'right way' :)

I'm assuming this is in SVN and not in 1.5.11. If so, we would have to
wait until the next release. The sword.conf file would probably just
be a stop-gap until the next release. I'd be happy to build with SVN
but I think that the general BibleTime thoughts is that we just
distribute versions against released SWORD.  The sword.conf would
probably be a good enough idea for now.

--Greg