[bt-devel] problems with translation tools

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Fri Sep 12 13:41:08 MST 2008

Hi Thomas,

you may be right in asserting that kbabel is not useful for .ts files. I just
tried editing a file and it gave wrong results by changing the XML.

It also seems that the KDE4 replacement of KBabel, "lokalize", cannot (yet?)
read .ts files.

So we may have to ask translators to use QT's linguist instead (which in turn
cannot open .po files). Bummer. Doesn't sound like a cool strategy.

What do yall think?

@Thomas: what do you mean by 'batch translations'?

mg

Am Friday 12 September 2008 20:35:06 schrieben Sie: