[bt-devel] [ bibletime-Feature Requests-2097655 ] Troubles with search engine in French

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Sep 10 07:05:38 MST 2008

Feature Requests item #2097655, was opened at 2008-09-06 23:18
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by eelik
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350954&aid=2097655&group_id=954

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
When looking for a word in French, we do not get all the occurrences if there is a short article in front.

Example : looking for "insensé" will not return the occurrences of "l'insensé" or "d'insensé"... Doesn't work even with "*insensé".

Thanks :)

Using BibleTime 1.6.5

Comment By: Eeli Kaikkonen (eelik)
Date: 2008-09-10 14:05

Message:
We use clucene, a 3rd party search engine. It indexes the words and
currently we do not care about the language so it uses the basic algorithm.
I'm just looking at the clucene faq and it states that clucene is capable
of using wildcards in the beginning of the word, but we are apparently not
using this feature. Clucene can also use language specific analyzers but
this may be too much work for us.

Enabling the wildcards would be the easiest solution and effective for
many languages. I think we have to look at it at some point.