[bt-devel] the beta release; my problems with distros and compiling

Eeli Kaikkonen eeli.kaikkonen at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 13:32:27 MST 2008

Martin Gruner wrote:
> Hi, maybe the teaser should also say that this beta should replace 1.6 in
> distributions.
>
> Thanks!
>
> mg

I think the packagers should decide that as long as we do bugfixes for
1.6. KDE3 is still the choice of many users and will be at least until
KDE 4.2. Besides that our 1.6 and 1.7 should run simultaneously so
replacing is not necessary. Also some users may need the customized
shortcuts or some other feature and would dislike replacing when it's
not actually necessary. And last but not least, there may be fatal bugs
left because the code is not yet well tested.

BTW: does the debug build really work for you when starting from
scratch? I haven't found a solution yet (haven't had time to even try
the release build).

--Eeli