[bt-devel] MacOS Build Status

Gregory Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 10:43:36 MST 2008

On Sep 6, 2008, at 10:09, Martin Gruner <mg.pub at gmx.net> wrote:

> Can you give me a short description how this is traditionally done?
> I'm still
> a cmake newbie...
> Thanks.

I'm rather new myself and may not have time to pull up the proper
syntax for a few days, but putting some thing like this near the front
of the CMakeLists.txt:

If(Build == Release)
   If(install prefix == "")
      Define( install prefix /usr/local)
   endif
Elif(build == Development)
Else #default to debug
Endif

I'm guessing there's already a similar structure just to parse the
build type somewhere? Or do you have cmake handle that by default? I'm
not sure if that's how the best practices are defined, but it seems
the most straightforward to me.

Again, I will be in and out of touch for most of the next week or so.
I am presenting at the Conference for Intelligent Data Understanding
this upcoming week, and don't know how much free time to expect while
I'm there.