[bt-devel] Running the Beta

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 14:59:06 MST 2008

So I built the debug version and installed it.  I did a build from a
sister of the source directory rather than a child, as the default
script does.  Another unique thing I've tried is that I'm on a Mac
with an X11 session running to my Ubuntu amd64 box running with X11
forwarding.  I can't get the application to launch at all as a regular
user.  However, running it as superuser had it ask me if it wanted to
be updated from a KDE3 config, then sorta giving up the ghost.  So I
terminated it and relaunched and, amid very much debugging output, the
following showed up:

WARNING: cannot find icon file
"/home/hellings1/Public/bibletime-1.7.beta1.build/install/share/bibletime/icons/.svg"
, using default icon.
*** BibleTime got signal 11 (Crashing). Trying to save settings.
*** Saving seemed to be successful. If restoring does not work on next
startup please use the option --ignore-session

--Greg