[bt-devel] the beta release; my problems with distros and compiling

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Thu Sep 4 12:27:05 MST 2008

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008, Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> I got Kubuntu installed but didn't get compiling working. cmake gave an
> error with Qt: it seems to have been compiled with wrong switches. I
> havent' found any help by googling and don't know if I just have
> something wrong or if Kubuntu (64-bit) really has broken packages. Also
> clucene was problematic. I don't know why because it has worked with my
> old computer and Kubuntu.

Maybe this was a temporary problem with Kubuntu packages (or I just had
something wrong), after an upgrade and some other tweaking the build
system started to work. But now I have another problem: build-debug.sh
or corresponding manual steps don't work: there's no build/install
directory after "make install". There is the bibletime binary in build/
directory but it doesn't work alone.

I updated the changelog, I should have done it earlier. It's not a good
practice to change the changelog afterwards but maybe we can accept this
now? You can of course change it back or move some text up.

I have also some text for the release announcement. There's no news
item yet, I can write it too if I have time. Hopefully I manage to get a
grasp on the code and coding again after a longish break.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland