[bt-devel] question about drop-down lists

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sun Oct 12 02:11:35 MST 2008

Greg Hellings wrote:
> Possibly place a button next to the free-entry box that pops up a chooser
> dialog which then goes away when the selection is made?  Or when you press

It's quite obvious that some kind of popup is needed. But that's not
saying anything new. I need very specific suggestions now which can be
analyzed thoroughly. If you haven't read the wiki page, please do it to
see what I mean. We have to think about the visibility, size, mouse
movement length, amount of mouse clicks, different use cases...

> it toggles the menu bar between single and triple entry boxes?

That could be one way to make choosing between two widgets easier, but
It would clutter the UI. I would rather place it in the View menu or
config dialog, though your suggestion gives a quicker and easier way to
change the widget. And I would still prefer one well-designed widget
over two worse ones.

--Eeli Kaikkonen