[bt-devel] [bt-translations]

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Wed May 28 22:55:58 MST 2008

On Thu, 29 May 2008, Jean-Francois Paquin wrote:

> Hi Eeli,
>
> EK>I would also like to hear some feedback from translators if there
> EK>are any problems or something could be done differently.
>
> Yes, but before that, I must know who the developers are.

Not really because we read the bt-translations list, otherwise it would
be quite useless :)

> EK>There might for example be difficulties with RTL languages
> EK>which I don't know.
>
> I don't manipulate RTL source code, I only use .PO file.  What
> do you mean by RTL problems?

"Right To Left" languages, for example Hebrew or Arabic. I don't use any
of those so there might be problems for example with strings where only
some part is translated and appended to another string.

Another possible problem with these kind of appended strings is the word
formation rules (accidence or whatever) of different languages. A phrase
like "Select" + some_name + "and press button" may be difficult to
translate to some language where the object of a clause is in different
case than the base form.

This kind of discussion naturally belongs to the bt-translations list.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland