[bt-devel] bt-devel Digest, Vol 50, Issue 10

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sun Jun 29 14:41:13 MST 2008

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 integr8e at gmail.com wrote:

> bt-devel,
>
> My name is Dylon Edwards; I'm currently studying math and computer
> science at USCA ( www.usca.edu ), and would very much like to help
> with the development of BibleTime.  Though young and fairly
> inexperienced with programming, I learn very quickly and have just
> finished my first year with a 4.0 GPA.
>
> My school, however, offers very few courses on GUI programming, and I
> only have experience programming in Java and a little Visual Basic...
>
> A couple weeks ago I went on the initiative and purchased Qt's C++ GUI
> Programming with Qt4, second edition, book, and have been avidly
> working through it.  I certainly am not yet ready to begin hacking BT
> with you, but hopefully will be able to in about 2-3 months ( after
> getting a solid feel for Qt ).

That's great! The amount of experience is not a problem, it's possible
to take a small part of the program and work with one feature first. I
have gone through the same path. While you learn Qt/C+++ you can also
read through our developer wiki pages http://devel.bibletime.info.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland