[bt-devel] [ bibletime-Bugs-1882718 ] KJV Not all instances of strongs numbers found

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 30 13:27:51 MST 2008

Bugs item #1882718, was opened at 2008-01-30 16:26
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by mgruner
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100954&aid=1882718&group_id=954

not just the latest update.
Category: Frontend / Search dialog
>Group: in progress

Initial Comment:
There seems to be a problem with searching Strongs numbers in the KJV text, in that not all instances are being found. A good example can be found in Matt 11:10. If you right-click on the word "messenger" in this verse, and choose "Strong's Search" from it, you will see that this verse is not in the returned results! Neither is Mark 1:2, which should also be. This seems to be a problem with the combinded G3588-ho and G32 aggelos, in this particular instance. I do not know if this is a problem with the KJV2003 text or BibleTime, but BibleTime displays the two Greek keys in the Mag, so it's hard to say. I can't get my MacSword to search Strong's keys at all at the moment, to see if it has a problem too.

This has been reproduced with BT 1.6.3 on Mac OS X, under X11 and in BibleTime 1.6.4 under Ubuntu 7.10.

-Jon