[bt-devel] .desktop files

Tue Feb 5 10:59:16 MST 2008

On Monday 04 February 2008 01:49:56 pm Martin Gruner wrote:
> I re-added it in SVN. It is in cmake/platforms/linux. CMake generates it on
> cmake run

Thanks. I'll get it fixed tonight and get that bug closed.

> Where does it have to be installed to?

I can double check the specification/standard to see if it says anything but
the .desktop file doesn't care where it is,  so you should put it where KDE
is expecting to find it.

> The icon, can it also be svg and where does it have to be installed to?

It can be an SVG. If I understand things correctly, the lack of extension
allows the DE to decide what format to use, so for instance if you have a png
Gnome can use it but KDE can use the SVG or whatever each supports. And as I
understand it KDE generates pngs as needed from the svg files, but I could be
wrong.