[bt-devel] Application crash?

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 01:33:36 MST 2008

BT Devs,

I'm not sure if it's an artifact of some odd things with Leopard, with
my current installation of KDE4 (I have reinstalled since upgrading to
Leopard) or if it's some of the recent changes to BibleTime's code,
but on my initial run with the current SVN code, the application
brings up the initial bookshelf manager window, but the list on the
left seems to display improperly (I have a scroll bar to select
between the first entry and a large number of blank entries), and when
I close the bookshelf manager, the application seems to hang, then
KDE4 crashes.

It could just be KDE4 on Leopard (the same files and installs as were
on Tiger - but perhaps they're not as compatible with Leopard as KDE4
people claim), it could be the fact that I have two copies of libiconv
and libz2 against which the system can link (one from Apple and one
from the open-source fink package manager), or it could be some
updates to BibleTime code.

Has anyone seen this behavior on Linux, or does anyone have an idea
what could cause it?  I don't have time to track it down tonight, but
I'll look into it if anyone has leads on what to check.  I ran into
this while updating my build instructions for OS X so that I can keep
up with the changes you are all making and be on top of it when you
all move off of KDE4 and onto Qt4-only (that will also remove about
1.8 gigs of dependencies for the OS X install - right now it requires
about 2.9GB of support libraries just with strigi, soprano,
kdesupport, kdelibs and qt4 dependencies).

--Greg