[bt-devel] Next beta? (Re: compiling 1.7 on Kubuntu 8.10)

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Wed Dec 10 04:10:52 MST 2008

Quoting Gregory Hellings <greg.hellings at gmail.com>:

> Either way, try SVN (and maybe a new beta should be put out with these
> problems resolved?).

A new beta could be a good idea. There are some new features, too. But
I recommend that the required Sword version is set back to 1.5.9 for
releases - otherwise we will get reports about problems with our Sword
config. I would also like to see reports about the Search dialog
before the next release. Martin had problem with it and it was
possibly caused by some strange situation after the Search dialog
configuration system was touched by my new code. Just rebuild after my
latest changes, open BibleTime, open Search and see if the dialog
shows up correctly. If it doesn't show well it can be cured by
deleting the BibleTime config file or removing/changing the search
dialog size settings in the file.

Search analysis has been enabled and needs more testing.

I should write a new help text for the Search syntax help. Otherwise
the code should be ready and stable for another beta, unless Gary has
pending changes. I'm working on the bookmarks but I think it won't be
ready within couple of days, though I have some spare time this week.

--Eeli Kaikkonen