[bt-devel] Problem building SVN version under Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sat Dec 6 14:20:30 MST 2008

Tom Cornell wrote:
> ./build-debug.sh dies with the following error:
>
> make[2]: *** No rule to make target
> `/build/buildd/kde4libs-4.1.2/obj-i486-linux-gnu/lib/libkdecore.so',
> needed by `bibletime'.  Stop.
>
> I seem to have libkdecore.5.1.0 and libkdecore.so.4.2.0 installed. I
> can choose between packages kdelibs4-dev and kdelibs5-dev, but
> installing one deletes the other. (I guess maybe it's just header
> files?) I seem to make the most progress in the build with
> kdelibs5-dev installed, but the above message is as far as I get. What
> should I try next?

I would say there's a packaging bug in Ubuntu. kdelibs4 is for KDE3 and
kdelibs5 for KDE4 and they should be able to live together. However, you
need only kdelibs5(-dev) for BibleTime. I don't know if it's possible to
have -dev package installed without the corresponding binary. If it is,
just install kdelibs5 binary.

--Eeli Kaikkonen