[bt-devel] What's happening now and next

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Thu Aug 14 21:40:36 MST 2008

I have done nothing with BibleTime code for a long time. I have started
a new job, now I have got used to it so I can do other things. Summer is
short here in Finland so I have been going with friends, playing beach
volley etc. Days and nights have been very busy. These may be the last
warm days before the fall/autumn. After that I'm less busy. It's just a
bit hard to take the code and start again when I don't remember what's
there.

What should we do next? I think it's possible to quitly release alpha3
with the current code. There should be nothing stopping that. I was
planning to add new d'n'd for bookmarks but it was a bit more work than
I expected. It has to be done sooner or later, but maybe we should
just release the beta now?

Oh, I almost forgot... I have also been playing with my new desktop PC,
4G ram, dual core and the system partition as RAID0. Starting up the
applications is a bit quicker than with old Athlon :) All that
installing and testing has also taken my time, but now it's up. First
compilation is still waiting, I hope it makes difference...

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland