[bt-devel] Towards a 1.7 release - what is missing, who can help

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Wed Apr 30 10:45:22 MST 2008

Dear fellow developers,

we are  getting much closer to the point where we can and should release 1.7
to the public ("release early, release often"). QT 4.4 should come out very
soon, which is the only remaining external dependency we have to wait for.

What is left to be done?
	* Bookshelf manager: complete new implementation (Eeli)
	* Missing icons: collect missing icons
	* Search analysis: broken, I don't mind if we disable it for 1.7
	* Anything else?

Who can help with finishing these final points? Is there anything else to be
done before the release?
We should at least prepare one beta and have a string freeze phase for the
translators to update their files.

Also, from now on we should start adding to the change log again. For the
changes from 1.6 to 1.7 I created a summary item which probably is
incomplete. Is there anything missing? It currently has:

	* Port to KDE4/QT4, reduced KDE dependency to a minimum
	* New build system: cmake
	* i18n of UI strings is now handled by QT
	* Massive code cleanups and internal refactoring
	* New bookshelf manager
	* Bookshelf improvements
		* Separation of works and bookmarks on two tabs
		* Different work grouping types supported
		* Hide/Unhide feature to select which modules should be displayed
	* Corrections and enhancements to session management
	* Search dialog now has a history for the modules to search in

Please also see http://devel.bibletime.info/wiki/Prerelease_Bugs. We should
use this page to coordinate the remaining work.

May God bless each of you in your situation.

mg