[bt-devel] Your BibleStudy Howto - license questions

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Tue Apr 1 12:06:00 MST 2008

Dear Bob,

(I received your email address from NCC after some research. Hope this is ok.)

back in 2001 you developed a bible study howto and gave us (the BibleTime
project, http://bibletime.info) permission to distribute it as part of our
Software. We are very grateful for that, and your howto has found many
readers, also from other parts of the world.

You gave us permission to distribute the howto without modification. This has
caused trouble with some linux distributors who only distribute free (as in
Open Source) material, they decided to take the howto out for this reason. In
addition, I would like to have the option to continue developing the howto.

Therefore I want to ask you if you can license your howto to us under the
conditions of the GNU GPL, GNU FDL or the CC-BY-SA
(http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/), or transfer the copyright to
us entirely. This would eliminate the problems with the distributors and
allow us to build on the foundation you laid, extending the howto to perhaps
cover additional topics. (Maybe you would even be interested in extending the
Howto yourself?)

Please let us know if this would be an option for you.

Thank you. Best regards,

Martin Gruner