[bt-devel] kde4.0 beta 2

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Fri Sep 28 08:29:03 MST 2007

Hi Greg.

the ICU errors are triggered by your sword build. How did you get that built
without the icu-dev files installed?

The same is true for CUrl. BT does not use curl or icu internally, so the
linker looks for it only because it is referenced by the sword lib.

> Running the application was another matter - I received the following
> error:
>
> Link points to "/tmp/kde-devel-kde4/kde-kde-devel"
> (BibleTime 1.6.4_KDE4port+svn) WARNING: Cannot find icon directory
> relative to "/Users/kde-devel/bibletime-svn/bibletime.app/Contents/MacOS"
> terminate called without an active exception
> KCrash: crashing... crashRecursionCounter = 2
> KCrash: Application Name = bibletime path = <unknown> pid = 11896
> Warning: connect() failed: : No such file or directory
> KCrash cannot reach kdeinit, launching directly.
> KCrash failed to exec(), errno = 2

Ok. It is not enough to run "make", you also need to run "make install". At
present, this installs to "./install/", relative to the build dir. If
BibleTime cannot find the required files, it will quit. After 'make install',
and running it from the 'install' location (install/bin/bibletime), it should
work ok.

mg