[bt-devel] Beta release plan

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Wed Sep 19 05:55:30 MST 2007

Hi Eeli,

quick reply...

Thanks for coordinating the work.

> I think we could do it after we have got Bookshelf manager and Search
> working. There probably will be known bugs but I don't feel it is an
> issue.

Right.
One thing we should take care of before is the automatic migration of
configuration data like the config, profiles and bookmarks. Caches and
indices do not need to be migrated.
I already suggested to you as a solution to use several fallback paths
when trying to open a config file for _reading_.
Also, we might think about using ~/.bibletime instead of ~/.kde4 for
portability. Functions for retrieving the relevant directories should
be put into directoryutil.cpp/h. What do you think?
IMO this should be completed before a beta release to make sure user
data will not get messed up.

> We should also add a wiki page for quick bug reports so that testers
> could easily communicate with us. I already did that for our internal
> purposes. All kinds of bugzillas usually scare people away.

Sure.

> We have also think about version numbering. Will it be 1.6.5beta or
> 1.7beta? I would vote for 1.7 even though it probably will not have much
> new features.

1.7.

The amount of work would justify a 2.0 even. ;)

Regards.