[bt-devel] Working on BibleTime

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Mon Sep 17 15:05:00 MST 2007

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007, Jeremy Erickson wrote:

> Hi,
> 	I just posted what I know on the BibleTime wiki what I know about my COS370
> requirements.  I would like to begin work ASAP, so are there specific tasks I
> could be working on right now?  We'll also need to work on getting at least a
> tentative schedule for the rest of the semester.  Sorry I'm a little late
> getting back to everyone.

This is good news.

I think for KDE4 port there are three major "lines". One is squashing
bugs and polishing the UI and behaviour to resemble the stable version.
The second one is adding new features - we have some plans in wiki. The
third one is rewriting the existing features so that the code is
cleaner.

The first one is admittedly the most important but it is not much fun.
If you want to do that just run the compiled binary and see where it
needs repair.

For the second one you can read the wiki and then we can discuss and
decide which features are the most important. Or you can invent you own
- this is a volunteer project after all. All reasonable suggestions are
welcome.

The third one needs much planning, I think. It is not easy to change
existing code without making it more rotten.

Let's hear what Martin has to say. We probably have to communicate a bit
more now when also are working on the code. I'll try to open the irc
channel more often. What are your working times (in UTC)?

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland