[bt-devel] [ bibletime-Bugs-1606437 ] bibletime-i18n autogen.sh fails

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Oct 25 13:13:28 MST 2007

Bugs item #1606437, was opened at 2006-12-01 00:56
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by mgruner
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100954&aid=1606437&group_id=954

not just the latest update.
Category: Documentation / Installation
Group: in progress

Initial Comment:
*** Creating aclocal.m4
*** Creating configure
*** Creating Makefile templates
ERROR:po/Makefile.am: Do not use $< rules. They are not portable (.po.gmo).
ERROR:po/Makefile.am: Do not use $< rules. They are not portable (.po.mo).
make[1]: *** [cvs] Error 1

The problem is in lines 181 and 185 in maintenance/gen_am.sh that generates po/Makefile.am

.po.mo:
        $(MSGFMT) -o $@ $<

.po.gmo:
        file=$(srcdir)/`echo $* | sed 's,.*/,,'`.gmo \
        && rm -f $$file && $(GMSGFMT) -o $$file $<