[bt-devel] [ bibletime-Bugs-1805290 ] Keys of Hesychius (unicode keys in genbooks?) do not work

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Wed Oct 24 11:34:27 MST 2007

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007, SourceForge.net wrote:
> QString::fromLocal8Bit:
> "QTextCodec::codecForLocale() is used to perform the conversion from
> Unicode." It means that Ubuntu happens to have utf8 locale and therefore
> Hesychius keys worked for me after the "fix".

This means that all occurences of fromLocal8Bit must be changed to use
the encoding of the module. And not only that, but in many places
fromUtf8 is used instead of fromLocal8Bit and will probably fail in some
situations.

I suppose this is one example of a situation where a bug have been fixed
with "this works for me"-patch:

const QString CSwordLDKey::key() const {
	//  return QString::fromLocal8Bit((const char*)*this);//don't
use fromUtf8
	//  return QString::fromUtf8((const char*)*this);
	//  qWarning((const char*)*this);
	return QString::fromUtf8((const char*)*this);
}

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland