[bt-devel] Kubuntu Gutsy and KDE4 updgrade, problems

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sat Oct 20 01:37:19 MST 2007

Upgrading Kubuntu to Gutsy and KDE4 to beta3 does not go without
problems.

First, I have something differently here than for example Martin. I
still get the "can't find kde4-config" error, I just haven't reported it
since I learned to edit the cmake variable by hand with ccmake.

Second: now I also had an error with a qt program. "Qt4 qdbusxml2cpp was
not found. Make sure it has been built and installed by Qt". This
message comes from FindKDE4Internal.cmake which has just used
"find_package(Qt4 REQUIRED)". Because we don't use dbus right now I just
commented out the fatal line in FindKDE4Internal and now it works. Of
course this is not the right solution. I don't understand why the
program is not found because it is in /usr/bin.

Third, compilation does not succeed. Probably just some Qt and
KDE headers must be added - I'm working on it.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland