[bt-devel] Alpha/beta release schedule

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Thu Oct 4 14:13:53 MST 2007

On Thu, 4 Oct 2007, Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> > The one installation thing I should probably work on is the RPM packages for
> > Linux distros, since my computer is still set up to do the builds.  But I can
> > probably work on that when we get closer to a release.
>
> I forgot you were a packager. That is even better. And I meant that
> packaging should be taken care of when we are in beta stage, after
> alphas. Betas would be "ready to release" except some bugs and other
> smaller things.

I have to clarify again: we should make some kind of installable package
for the alpha but it doesn't have to be ready for distribution
packaging. Betas should be ready for real packaging.

We are very soon (maybe tomorrow) in the situation when there are no
important bugs to be fixed before alpha. I will fix other bugs and maybe
re-enable d'n'd or something. We are ready for alpha release as soon as
the data migration and preliminary packaging are ready.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland