[bt-devel] Alpha/beta release schedule

Jeremy Erickson jerickson314 at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Oct 3 19:25:27 MST 2007

On Wednesday 03 October 2007 9:15:39 am you wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Oct 2007, Martin Gruner wrote:
> > I'd like to work on the installation stuff.
> > Data migration (description is in the wiki) would be a nice point to take
> > for you, Jeremy, and affects several parts of BibleTime.
>
> Data migration may be quite large issue and someone has to start it. It
> might be Jeremy as Well.

I can go ahead and start working on data migration - is this just the stuff
you described under the "data paths" header?  For now, I can at least look at
how the configs are being handled.

The one installation thing I should probably work on is the RPM packages for
Linux distros, since my computer is still set up to do the builds.  But I can
probably work on that when we get closer to a release.

> > > - Select the features and fixes which surely will go to the release
> > > - Martin takes the installation, Jeremy takes the smaller bugs, I will
> > >   continue with the Search Dialog
> >
> > Sounds good to me.
>
> Actually it looks like this plan is not going to work very well. I may
> get the Search range chooser working today, Bookshelf Manager is
> working. Data migration and binary installation are important tasks
> which I cannot say how long they will take, they should be started
> immediately. On the other hand, I don't know if it's necessary to solve
> it right no - we could as well fix more of those smaller bugs while we
> wait for the data migration etc.

If you think more bugfixes would be more helpful than data migration, let me
know.

> This would be easier if we knew how much time Jeremy can give us every
> day. Are you going to work with BT only in your free days about which
> you told?

I'm sorry I didn't make that very clear.  I am supposed to average 12 hours
per week on the project.  There was some miscommunication between me and the
professor at the beginning of the semester, so I got a late start, which
means I will have to make up for the time.  Fall break is when I will have a
good chance to get started on catching up.  However, I will also be working
on it every week.  Because of my other homework and commitments, I can't be
sure which days I will have the most chance to work.  Weekends should usually
afford me good opportunities, though.

Thanks both of you for the input!

-Jeremy Erickson