[bt-devel] [ bibletime-Bugs-1838712 ] Some Strong's words are missing

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Nov 26 12:54:29 MST 2007

Bugs item #1838712, was opened at 2007-11-26 14:56
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by mgruner
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100954&aid=1838712&group_id=954

not just the latest update.
Category: Frontend / Bible display window
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I was studying Luke 9:23-27, looking at the Greek words via the Strong's numbers.  In verse 23 I got the feeling that a word was missing, but I figured the Bible translators had maybe just filled in an obvious gap.  But then when I got to verse 27 BibleTime told me that "the kingdom of God" consisted only of "ho" and "ho."  Only two "the" words?  That's a little too large of a "gap" to fill in.

So I booted into Windows and ran The Sword Project's software and sure enough there were more words:  ho basileia ho theos.

I checked a second time on another laptop running Ubuntu and BibleTime 1.6.4 and had the same results.  When I mouse-over "kingdom" and "God" both times the word "ho" is all that shows in the left margin.  Even if I intentionally highlight a word on a line above or below, rather than the "the" next to one of those words, the display still changes to show "ho."

My machine is running Gentoo with BibleTime 1.6.3 compiled from source.  I downloaded and installed the latest 1.6.5 from source (unfortunately Gentoo is still only offering v1.6.3 even with unstable ~x86 accept flag).  Same results with v1.6.5.

This bug makes BibleTime a poor (and perhaps dangerous in light of James 3:1) tool to offer for peoples' study.

Thank you for all you do.