[bt-devel] kio for qt

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Mon Nov 26 02:03:08 MST 2007

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007, Martin Gruner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> just FYI: among many other nice things in QT 4.4, there will be a kio-like mechanism for network access:

Qt Concurrent is even more interesting (at least for me).

QtWebKit is most important for us. I once said that I have not seen any
real html API in it, only a simple web browser. But there is hope: there
has been talk about context menu API and a TODO list
(http://trac.webkit.org/projects/webkit/wiki/QtWebKitTodo) talks about
an API for DOM-like access.

HTML browser is crucial to our application. It will probably be the last
remaining part of KDE which we will be dependent on. Other techniques
(like configurable shortcuts) are easy enough to replace with new code
or may be dropped off.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland