[bt-devel] CMake problems on Mac

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sun Nov 25 03:05:41 MST 2007

On Sat, 24 Nov 2007, Greg Hellings wrote:

> manually link those in for now.  I have removed the extraneous
> -lQtCore -lQtXml -lQtGui from the build process in OS X, since those
> generate library-not-found errors.

Actually building works fine without these. KDE library dependencies
draw them in. For the future when we stop using KDE we have to add
Qt libraries. You could test {QT_QTCORE_LIBRARY} etc. If it works we
could leave them there. Otherwise we could remove the Qt libraries
altoghether and find out the platform independent solution later.

> I am still at a loss, though, to explain why the system is unable to
> locate my GetText build.  GetText is installed to the same place that
> the Sword library is located: /sw.  Is there any suggestions you all
> might have as to why CMake is not recognizing those?  As a result of

CMakeCache.txt has only these gettext variables:
//Path to a program.
GETTEXT_MSGFMT_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=/usr/bin/msgfmt

//Path to a program.
GETTEXT_MSGMERGE_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=/usr/bin/msgmerge

I don't know how Mac finds program files, is there some kind of path or
something, and how they should be installed to be found.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland