[bt-devel] BibleTime 1.6.5 released

Jeremy Erickson jerickson314 at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Nov 1 14:47:14 MST 2007

On Thursday 01 November 2007 7:26:30 am Martin Gruner wrote:
> @Binary packagers: New binary packages would be great.

I have been the one to do RPM binary packages in the past, and I am working on
building new packages for 1.6.5.  I have, however, run into one
complication - Fedora 7 seems to be using the SCSI driver for IDE disks now,
which only supports 15 partitions, so it fails with an error when I attempt
to install it on the drive I use for RPM builds (which has 18).  Therefore I
can't get Fedora 7 to install, so I can't build the RPM.  However, I'd be
more than willing to provide the .spec file that should be useful to anyone
who has a clean FC7 system to use for a build.  I did have one person offer
to build a FC7 RPM of BibleMemorizer for me, so I can e-mail him to ask about
building this BibleTime package.

For the rest of the distros, I'm in the process of upgrading to SuSE 10.3,
RHEL5 (actually CentOS), and Mandriva 2008.0 (bumping out the oldest
distros.)  Then I'll go ahead and build the packages and upload them.

-Jeremy Erickson