[bt-devel] help needed for cleaning up kde4 port files

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Wed May 16 14:13:33 MST 2007

What's your policy about #include files in headers? I have understood
that including other files than which are necessary for the including
header file is not generally recommended. So it should be quite forward
to find those includes which should be removed: just find all names in
the file and make sure they are introduced, other includes can go away.

But have you included in header files some files which are not used by
the header but by some .cpp file including this header?

Also, is it good to give forwad declarations for some class names
explicitly or just include their header files? For example in
ckeychooserwidget.h there are both "#include <QWheelEvent>" and "class
QWheelEvent;"

Using class names may remove file dependencies and even shorten
compilation time but otherwise I feel they should be removed and
includes used instead. What do you say?

I would also like to know if you have found some easy way to compile one
file without linking it. I can find it out myself but if you already
have exprerience it would be easier.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland