[bt-devel] [ bibletime-Bugs-1745247 ] text rendering has problems with KJV

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Jun 29 03:31:24 MST 2007

Bugs item #1745247, was opened at 2007-06-29 10:31
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100954&aid=1745247&group_id=954

not just the latest update.
Category: Frontend / Bible display window
Group: None

Initial Comment:
KJV rendering has some problems with new 1.6.4 package in Debian. Probably it's not our C++ code but either the KHTML rendering engine or our HTML code which causes it. All spaces and punctuation marks are a bit upper than words and with some fonts e.g. commas are in the middle of the text line.

This doesn't happen with e.g. ESV. It's easy to guess that KHTML for some reason handles the HTML code strangely. In KJV almost every word is surrounded by some tags unlike in the other modules.

I also noticed that in KJV footnotes don't work. There are only "(1)"-marks which don't do anything.

ESV passage headers don't look good: they are similar to the general text, using exactly the same font style.