[bt-devel] .ui files and build system

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sun Jul 8 03:57:31 MST 2007

I started to port cdisplaywindow. It depends on some search dialog files
and eventually .ui files. It means that I had to port .ui files first.
It's not a small task, I'm afraid.

I managed to convert .ui files to qt4 format. Then I had to add
into CMakeLists.txt.

After that ui_searchresultsform.h etc. were generated into the build dir
(which is OK, I think). But now problem was that those .h files include
some other BT files. They should not be added as relative paths
(../bibletime...) because the build dir may be anywhere. I had to add
pathnames which are relative to the "bibletime/" directory work as they
did in old system and I want to say some ugly words...

Until now we had to change include files to "../../.h" which is
quite ugly IMHO. Now they don't have to be edited. Maybe the already
ported files should be changed back to use the original style.

But back to .ui files. ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR} had to be added to
include directories because the generated .h files will be there. After
these setps I can continue with other files, but .ui and searchdialog
files will be waiting for thorough review and testing. I'm quite sure
they will not work out of the box and some searchdialog code has to be
edited heavily when we get there.

I will commit my changes soon.

	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland
	e-mail: eekaikko at mailx.studentx.oulux.fix (with no x)

More information about the bt-devel mailing list