[bt-devel] [ bibletime-Feature Requests-1668082 ] redesign of shift magnification glass freezer

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sat Feb 24 15:32:59 MST 2007

Feature Requests item #1668082, was opened at 2007-02-24 23:32
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350954&aid=1668082&group_id=954

not just the latest update.
Category: Frontend
Group: None

Initial Comment:
In BT 1.6.3b, the shift key will "freeze" the magnification glass "preview" of a link or a Strong number.

This works, just, it has a few issues when used regularly, so that I'd be glad about a redesign:
-- when browsing and reading around, you normally work with your mouse only, so that it would be more convenient if one could freeze the mag view with the mouse instead of the keyboard
-- often, one would want the preview to remain open while  one browses to another portion of scripture, e.g. to see if the same greek word is used there; it would be more conventient if the preview would stay open without continuous user action (i.e. holding the shift key)

Now I'm somewhat clueless as to a consistent alternative ... I'd probably suppose to use a middle button click to freeze the mag view, and a button that shows up within the mag preview to release the freeze state. But here probs will arise with users that have only 2 buttons.

Perhaps some ideas from the developers and other users?