[bt-devel] BibleTime 1.6.3a released (was: Re: Bibletime 1.6.3 for FreeBSD)

Joachim Ansorg nospam+bt-devel at joachim-ansorg.de
Fri Feb 2 05:45:49 MST 2007

Hi,
here's the report I received. It was about Fedora packaging, not BSD.

---------------
I'm planning to package and get bibletime into Fedora repository. All
the (build) dependencies are now in place,and I've built the source
rpm. However, while running rpmlint (a rpm checker) on the resulting
binary, it produces the warnings below;

W: bibletime dangling-relative-symlink
/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/bibletime/handbook/common ../../common
W: bibletime dangling-relative-symlink
/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/bibletime/howto/common ../../common
<<

And on looking at the Makefile (from the tarball), I can see under
~/docs/{handbook,howto}/, in the install section, this is sth like "ln
-sf ../../common
$(DESTDIR)$(kde_htmldir)/en/bibletime/handbook/common;\" . I'm not
very sure where/which ../../common its referring to, and there is no
other subdirectory "common" under
$(DESTDIR)$(kde_htmldir)/en/bibletime in the built binary. I would
appreciate it if you can provide some explanation on this issue.
The srpm and spec file are on ftp://czar.eas.yorku.ca/pub/bibletime/

Joachim