[bt-devel] State of Compilation with New KDE Releases

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Mon Dec 10 17:39:29 MST 2007

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007, Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> The docs directory is not created or installed when make install is
> run. Creating it manually resolves this, but BT crashes in another place
> which is more serious:
>
> #9  0xb660a6d5 in KHTMLGlobal::defaultHTMLSettings ()
>     at /work/src/kde4/kdelibs/khtml/khtml_global.cpp:224
> #10 0xb65aa441 in KHTMLView (this=0x8581530, part=0x84ae870,
> parent=0x823fb30)
>     at /work/src/kde4/kdelibs/khtml/khtmlview.cpp:252
> #11 0x08134c00 in CHTMLReadDisplayView (this=0x8581530,
>     displayWidget=0x84ae870, parent=0x823fb30)
>     at

This is probably basically the same problem than we previously had:
KHTMLPart has not been constructed when View is being constructed. I could
solve the problem by commenting out the assertion in khtml_global.cpp:

KHTMLSettings *KHTMLGlobal::defaultHTMLSettings()
{
  //assert( s_self );
  if ( !s_settings )
    s_settings = new KHTMLSettings();

  return s_settings;
}

I must report this to KDE bug database and suggest that they find a
permanent solution which prevents situations like this happening again.
Now we have to wait until the next release, again, if we want testers to
have usable default KDE installation.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland