[bt-devel] Icons

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Tue Aug 14 03:27:17 MST 2007

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007, Joachim Ansorg wrote:

> Hi,
> James once wrote me:
> 	"And don't worry about using the graphics for other things - I guess they're
> 	under the GPL or something, so you can do what you want with them!"
>
> So using them should be ok for us.
>
> Joachim

Having an explicit licence is still necessary for Linux distributions.

I would like to put them under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike,
it is close enough to GPL and good for pictures.
http://creativecommons.org/about/licenses/meet-the-licenses

This text is from www.gnu.org, regarding "cc-by-sa": "This is a copyleft
free license that is good for artistic and entertainment works, and
educational works. Please don't use it for software or documentation,
since it is incompatible with the GNU GPL and with the GNU FDL."

KDE Oxygen iconset has double licence: cc-by-sa or LGPL.
(http://www.oxygen-icons.org/?page_id=4)

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland