[bt-devel] Sword 1.6 for FreeBSD

Thomas Abthorpe thomas at goodking.ca
Tue Sep 26 18:12:39 MST 2006

Greetings.

My name is Thomas Abthorpe. I am the ports maintainer for Sword and
Bibletime in FreeBSD. I have put together the necessary information to get
Sword 1.5.9 ported to FreeBSD, but have run across stumbling blocks for
Bibletime 1.6. I get the error

cswordmoduleinfo.cpp:401: error: cannot convert `const char*' to `const
wchar_t*' for argument `2' to `size_t lucene_wcstoutf8(char*, const
wchar_t*, size_t)'

More information is availible at
http://www.goodking.ca/tb/errors/5.5-FreeBSD/bibletime-1.6.log

I confess I am not a C++ programmer, and I have lost touch with most of my C
programming roots, so if there is anybody that can nudge me in the right
direction, preferably with an line I can patch the port with, I would be
very grateful.

Thanks you your time and attention to this matter.

Yours in Christ

Thomas