[bt-devel] 1.6rc1 - personal comments still truncated

Daniel Glassey dglassey at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 13:18:02 MST 2006

On 02/09/06, John A. Sullivan III <jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com> wrote:
> I've just installed 1.6rc1. I was delighted to see the single combobox
> for the scripture designation with three controls.  Thanks sooooooo
> much!
>
> I am still finding that very long entries in the personal commentary are
> being truncated.  I am running 64 bit FC3 fully patched with Qt 3.3 with
> BibleTime compiled from source.  As always, thanks - John

I haven't followed this but how long an entry? There is unfortunately
a hard limit for bible and commentary entries - I think it might be
64k - ah, there

http://www.crosswire.org/bugs/browse/API-60

Does that sound the kind of size or are you getting truncation at shorter sizes?

Genbooks don't have this limit so that could maybe be a feature for a
later release of bibletime - to make the personal commentary a
'genbook' instead of 'commentary'.

Regards,
Daniel