[bt-devel] change in search algo

Steven P. Ulrick lists-bibletime at afolkey2.net
Sun Oct 22 13:34:16 MST 2006

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 09:34:04 -0600
jdc <jdc.email at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think this is a welcome change.  I have found that I need to search
> for things like "on, as, like, with, etc".
>
> Thank You
> Jim
>
> Martin Gruner wrote:
> > Hi friends,
> >
> > today I changed BibleTime's (CVS) search implementation from using
> > the StandardAnalyzer to using the WhitespaceAnalyzer. The
> > difference is that the StandardAnalyzer applies a set of default
> > English stop words to the text being indexed and the queries. That
> > means words like "the", "they" and "then" were not found, because
> > they are assumed to produce too many results. Within BibleTime,
> > this seems not acceptable to me, so I changed it. The new analyzer
> > just splits the query into words according to the whitespace.
> > Everything will be indexed and can be queried. This means the index
> > will be slightly bigger, but everything can be found.
> >
> > Is this ok, or would somebody disagree? Please let me know.
> >
> > mg

Hello, Martin
I would have to agree with Jim that I like the change referred to in
your email.  I would like to try it out, but I still haven't figured
out how to get Bibletime 1.6 to compile and install on Fedora Core 5.
I am running Sword 1.5.9 installed from RPM.
Here is a link to just about all of the output that you could possibly
want:
http://www.afolkey2.net/Projects/Bibletime-3/

You may have hit the nail on the head in your last attempt at helping
me with this:

> Hi Stephen,
>
> I believe this is caused by a different order in linker flags. In the
> first example you have:
>
> -L/usr/local/kde-svn-fc5/lib -L/usr/local/qt-src/lib -L/usr/lib
> -L/usr/lib -L/usr/lib
> -R /usr/local/kde-svn-fc5/20061006-bibletime-1.6/lib
> -R /usr/local/kde-svn-fc5/lib -R /usr/local/qt-src/lib -R /usr/lib
>
> in the second (functional one):
>
> -L/usr/lib/qt-3.3//lib -L/usr/lib    -L/usr/lib -L/usr/lib
> -R /usr/lib -R /usr/lib -R /usr/lib/qt-3.3//lib -R /usr/lib
>
> Maybe the linker needs /usr/lib (for sword) earlier or later.

But, I don't know how to change the order of the linker flags to see if
that is the problem.  So any help that you can give me to accomplish
that would be greatly appreciated.

Since our machine has been running for almost 40 days (my record so
far :)) I would like to avoid installing Fedora Core 6 for as long as
possible.  So I would like to at least try to get Bibletime 1.6 working
on my system until such a time as I can install FC 6.

One thing I have never mentioned on this matter: I did successfully
compile and install Bibletime 1.6beta3 from CVS.  Also, I did it with
whatever version of Sword that that version of Bibletime required.  So
I don't know what's changed since 1.6beta3, but something has....

Have a Great Day/Night,
Steven P. Ulrick

--
 15:34:01 up 37 days, 23:00,  8 users,  load average: 0.39, 0.31, 0.44