[bt-devel] Binary packages of 1.6

Jeremy Erickson jerickson314 at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Oct 16 21:26:22 MST 2006

Just a status update, as you can see I've uploaded Sword RPMs to SourceForge
now.  I have all the CLucene, BibleTime, and BibleTime-i18n RPMs on my
computer ready to upload.  I have contacted the CLucene project admin, and he
suggested adding me to the clucene project as a packager, so I am just
waiting on his final action.  I figure putting up BibleTime RPMs before
CLucene is available could lead to a lot of confused users.

Also, FC5 didn't like the %doc attribute in the SPEC files (it caused the
build to fail without a clear error message), so the FC5 packages don't
include the ChangeLog or README in BibleTime (or any of the files in the
Sword RPM tagged with %doc in the SPEC).  Hopefully this is not a major
problem; the program still runs (as one would expect).

BTW, with regards to the information on bibletime.info as to where to get
downloads, it would be good to make sure users getting binary packages know
they need clucene and sword (the site makes this clear for people compiling
from source, but not for those getting binaries), and that they know where to
get clucene (it will be in the File Releases section of the clucene project
on SourceForge).  Also, for Gentoo users it would be more helpful just to say
that BibleTime is "in Portage" than to link to packages.gentoo.org.  (In
order to install it here, I just have to do "emerge bibletime" - there is no
need to visit the web site.)

-Jeremy Erickson