[bt-devel] Binary packages of 1.6

Jeremy Erickson jerickson314 at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Oct 13 18:03:22 MST 2006

On Friday 13 October 2006 7:20 pm, David (Mailing List Addy) wrote:
> On Friday 13 October 2006 17:56, Greg Hellings wrote:
> > I would think that distributing binary packages of those libraries
> > might lead to legal questions, unless we are also clear about where to
> > get the source distros... but then again, IANL.
>
> If it's GPL then providing them is enough as I recall from my reading

It's LGPL, which works the same way (section 4).  My suggestion would be to
upload the RPMS for both libclucene and libclucene-devel, and the SRPM from
which both were built (which would include the source code as well as
the .spec, etc.)  I could put them all in a CLucene group, although we might
want to put the essential libclucene in its own section so that we can direct
users there who would not be interested in the -devel or the sources.

I could upload just the BibleTime (including i18n) and Sword RPMs now, but I
don't want users confused about errors from not having libclucene installed.
I figured I'd wait for Joachim's input.

-Jeremy Erickson