[bt-devel] Patch for reference textbox with autocomplete

Mark Zealey mspam at zealey.org
Mon May 22 11:04:59 MST 2006

Hi guys,

Knocked this up and I wondered what you think (not proposing to put it in yet
but its just a concept). Basically, I replaced the standard
book/chapter/verse display (just for bibles/lexica, not books etc) with a
textbox so you can type in (in shorthand) a reference and it will appear.
Also split the scroller widgets into a separate class so I could use them
with this and make the existing combo/scroller things easier to manage.

In the end, I could see that there could be a preference, because in the way I
study the bible I am always jumping around, and so being able to type 'mk 5'
or '2cor 7' rather than selecting various books would make my experience a
lot more enjoyable.

patch applies to a fresh beta2. Please give me some feedback :-)

Mark

--

Mark Zealey
http://mark.zealey.org  (Diary at http://mark.zealey.org/diary)