[bt-devel] [ bibletime-Bugs-1478669 ] Fedora Core 5 (FC5) support

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon May 1 22:26:05 MST 2006

Bugs item #1478669, was opened at 2006-04-28 14:16
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by jroysdon
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100954&aid=1478669&group_id=954

not just the latest update.
Category: General
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I'm sure this is a versioning issue, but I'd love to
see an RPM that installs on FC5.  Here is what occurs
presently:

# rpm -q sword
sword-1.5.8-7.fc5

# rpm -ivh bibletime-1.5.3-1.fc4.i386.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
        libcrypto.so.5 is needed by
bibletime-1.5.3-1.fc4.i386
        libssl.so.5 is needed by bibletime-1.5.3-1.fc4.i386

$ locate libcrypto
/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.7a
/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8a
/lib/libcrypto.so.4
/lib/libcrypto.so.6
/usr/lib/libcrypto.a
/usr/lib/libcrypto.so
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/libcrypto.pc
/usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Reader/intellinux/lib/libcrypto.so
/usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Reader/intellinux/lib/libcrypto.so.0
/usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Reader/intellinux/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6
$ rpm -q --whatprovides /lib/libcrypto.so.6
openssl-0.9.8a-5.2

$ locate libssl.so
/lib/libssl.so.0.9.7a
/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8a
/lib/libssl.so.4
/lib/libssl.so.6
/usr/lib/libssl.so
/usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Reader/intellinux/lib/libssl.so
/usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Reader/intellinux/lib/libssl.so.0
/usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Reader/intellinux/lib/libssl.so.0.9.6
$ rpm -q --whatprovides /lib/libssl.so.6
openssl-0.9.8a-5.2

Comment By: Jason Roysdon (jroysdon)