[bt-devel] Strongs search is not working

Jim jdc.email at gmail.com
Mon May 1 07:19:08 MST 2006

Joachim Ansorg wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Is anybody else having trouble with the strong:HXXXX search.
>>

> I get the same buggy results.
> It seems like the search returns all entries of the old or of the new
> depending on the strong's type.
>

>> I have traced it down to this line in cswordmoduleinfo.cpp
>> line 399	util::scoped_ptr<Hits> h( searcher.search(q) );
>> h->length() is either 23145 or 7956 when the searchedText is "strong:XXXXX"
>>

> Thank you for tracking this down!
>
> I looked into the index using Luke (a tool to work with Lucene indexes) and
> the index seems to be broken. We need to further debug this.
> I remember that we switched to the Simple analyzer instead of the Standard
> analyzer. Perhaps this is the problem.

I am not sure that I understand Lucene well enough to track this down,
but I might be able to.  If someone else knows exactly what to do, they
would be a better person to fix it (it sounds like a quick switch to a
different analyzer?)
> Btw, I saw that CLucene's SVN contains a contrib dir with the highlighter
> classes to highlight a match in the text. That's probably useful for the
> search result view. I did not look at the details, though.

I will take a look at this.  This is exactly the kind of tool I was
looking for when I reworked the highlighter.
Thanks!