[bt-devel] Re: on the way to BT 1.6

Sun Jan 22 20:11:56 MST 2006

On Sunday 22 January 2006 21:44, jdc wrote:
> I guess I don't understand.  Could you give me an example.

Sure. I'll give an example for both things.

Removal: If we flat out remove the menu entry dynamically based on the
module's support of strongs, this will confuse users because they won't think
to check the module always to see if it's supported, this can generate
support requests where we have to determine if it's our bug causing it to not
be there or the module's lack of support.

Module Support vs Individual Words: Ok, say you have a commentary that has
words tagged for strongs support, which shows in the info window. If you go
based on words in addition to, or instead of module support you can also do a
strongs search from the context menu of that commentary. If you only do
module support, commentaries cannot say they support strongs numbers
(according to the underlying principles set out by the current sword api
we're using) so you'd have to manually search it via the dialog. Also, just
using the module support doesn't solve the case of trying to search on empty
space in the module (lines and spaces between words, paragraph ends, margins,
etc) or other text elements that aren't words with strongs numbers attached
(verse numbers, foot note markers, etc).