[bt-devel] Kio-Sword 0.2 released

Luke Plant spookylukey at fastmail.fm
Sun Jan 8 15:25:38 MST 2006

On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 09:24:15 -0500 David Blue (Mailing List Addy) wrote:

> On Sunday 08 January 2006 04:00, Tapio Mattila wrote:
> > Did you notice that kio-sword_0.2.tar.gz package contained a patch
> > file and in INSTALL there was a note:
>
> I did not notice a patch and configure didn't indicate anything was
> amiss, and I know with the last version I had to make some manual
> edits to get it to compile (basically I had to #include one of the
> sword string utility headers) so I wasn't fully sure what was going
> on there

Yeah, I don't know how to make configure automatically patch the
sources if it finds 1.5.8 (or even how to issue a warning -- I find
autotools very difficult to use for anything I don't have a template
for). Sword doesn't seem to export a version number, so I couldn't use
#ifdefs in the code, and I wanted to preserve compatibility with 1.5.7
since that is what Sarge (among others) has.

If anyone knows a better solution, I'd be interested!

Regards,

Luke

--
"DO NOT DISTURB.  I'm disturbed enough already."

Luke Plant || L.Plant.98 (at) cantab.net || http://lukeplant.me.uk/